University college Cork – Residential and Homestay
DATES: 2nd July to 30th July
Cork is Ireland’s second largest city, famous for its friendly locals and quirky culture! Located on the southern coast of Ireland, Cork is 2.5 hours away from Dublin by car, bus, or train.
Our programme is located at the historical University College Cork, Ireland’s first 5-start university. The UCC campus is beautiful, spacious, and ideally located within a 15-minute walk from Cork city centre.
University College Cork facilities include modern, spacious classrooms, campus restaurant, and indoor and outdoor sports facilities, complete with professionally trained coaches. Internet and Wi-Fi available throughout the campus.
Need to Know
- Tuition: 15 hours. Mixed nationality, group lessons per week. Each lesson is 60 minutes.
- Class timetable: Monday to Friday, Morning or afternoon timetable
- Class size: Maximum of 15, average of 12.
- Starts: Every Monday within outlined dates
- Arrival / departure days: Sunday only
- Age: 9 – 17
- Levels: From Elementary (A1) to Advanced (C1)
- 15 hours of mixed-nationality group lessons per week
- Morning or Afternoon timetables
- Students can choose to attend either General English or Exam Preparation courses (PET or FCE)
Full Board Accommodation
Students can choose to stay in University College Cork’s modern oncampus boarding houses OR with one of our friendly, carefully selected homestays!
- Modern, on-campus apartments with 3-5 single rooms, a fully equipped kitchen, and communal living area with TV. Bed linen and towels are provided.
- Options available for shared or en-suite bathrooms
- A varied menu for breakfast, lunch & dinner, provided in the university campus restaurant every day
- Homestay accommodation in a shared room with other student(s) of a different nationality, where available.
- Breakfast and dinner every day, and packed lunches at the weekend provided by your host family
- A varied lunch menu in the university campus restaurant Monday to Friday
- Transport to and from school every day for students not within walking distance
The activity programme includes a variety of different pursuits for students to enjoy, including sports practices, cultural excursions, and Project-Focused activities that focus on developing communication and skills for the 21st century. During the Project Focus, students will engage in digital media workshops to create e-portfolios, podcasts, blogs, and online newsletters, among others.
- A wide range of activities Monday through Friday for all students, including 2 half-day trip per week
- Evening activities every day for residential students, and 1 evening per week for homestay students. Homestay students are collected from the school by their host family at the end of the evening activities.
- Full day excursion every Saturday
- Half-day excursion every Sunday (residential students only)
€950 per weekHomestay
€1040 per weekResidential