International House Cork Summer School offers excellent quality mixed-nationality Junior English Language Programmes for individuals and groups aged 9-16 during the Summer using the facilities of University College Cork, an 1845 University situated on the south coast in the second largest city in Ireland. The programme based on UCC campus offers both homestay and modern on-campus residential accommodation. University College Cork is situated on 44 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds only 5 minutes from Cork city centre and has excellent on-campus accommodation and sports facilities for students. Facilities include: large canteen for all meals, indoor swimming pool, indoor gymnasiums, tennis courts, a running track and several outdoor football pitches.
The programme includes:
- 15 hours English language tuition per week with expert IH teachers in mixed nationality classes
- Web based e-Portfolio for every class to share with friends and keep for the future
- Varied programme of afternoon local excursions, sports activities & ‘IH Digital Hub’ activities
- Digital Media Activities include creation of e-Portfolio, movie & animation, pod-casting, coding for video games, creation of blogs & online school newsletter
- Full day excursion to famous attractions every Saturday
- On-campus residential accommodation in single or twin rooms
- A varied menu for breakfast, lunch & dinner in the University restaurant
- 3 Half day excursions to city centre every week
- Evening programme every day including numerous off campus activities
We offer special group rates and free places for leaders with groups of 15+. Please contact email@example.com for details.
For groups of 15+ students, we offer free return airport transfers to Cork Airport and free accommodation for 1 group leader per 15 students.
Cork Junior Residential Course Information
- Course dates 2017:
- Monday26th June to Friday 28th July
- Arrival dates:
- 25th June, 2nd July, 9th July, 16th July, 23rd July
- Course length:
- Minimum 2 weeks, Maximum 5 weeks
- Hours per week:
- 15 hours tuition per week (1 hour = 60 minutes)
- Maximum class size:
- 15 students (average class size: 12 students)
- Age group:
For students who join the Cork Junior Summer Residential Programme at University College Cork, on-campus accommodation is offered. Each apartment has a fully fitted kitchen (although all meals are taken in the college canteen), living room with TV, shower and bathroom. All bedrooms are supplied with bed linen and towels.
Junior Residential Course Fees 2017
- Package Fees 2017
- 2 weeks
- 3 weeks
- 4 weeks
- 5 weeks
- Airport Transfer from Cork Airport (each way)
*Airport Transfers also available from Dublin Airport as follows:
- €80 each way accompanied on the public Airport Bus
- Includes greeting at Dublin Airport, travel with IH representative on the aircoach, and pick up from the bus in Cork.